Monday, April 5, 2010

Conversation

I had the opportunity to conversate with an older woman at The Reading Hospital where I am employed about her mother being in emergency care. As I was walking back to the Dietary department after delivering one of my food trucks, I saw her looking around confused. I immediately asked her if she needed assistance and she said yes. As I walked her to the main lobby, I asked her if she minded me asking her why she was here and she told she was visiting her mother who had fallen and broken her arm. We spoke more about her mother and I eventually brought up my grandma and how she was also having many health issues. I usually do not talk to the older visitors but she looked stressed out and in need of expressing herself. She thanked me and looked relieved for giving her directions and talking to her which made me feel good about making a difference in someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment